Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tagged to list my quirks!

I have been tagged to list my quirks by one of my favorite bloggers... the smart and humorous fuzzy. Quirky? Me? Of course not. I was tempted to say I can’t do this post because I don’t have any quirks but instead I decided to take a good look at my habits and pick the ones that could qualify as quirks. I did think of asking my hubby and my brother for help, but then I was sure they would come up with a list so long that blogger would not be able to handle it. So I decided to do this on my own.....assisted of course by my blogger friends with whom I share some of these:

1. Covering my feet: Like fuzzy, I have to have my feet covered when I sleep, even if it is for a short nap in the middle of a hot summer afternoon.

2. Washing my hands: Like Mad Momma, I need to wash my hands hundreds of times a day. I use a paper towel (when available) to open the water faucet in the public rest room sinks. I hate touching anything in those restrooms.

3. Stocking up food: Like Mad Momma, I have to have my fridge/pantry stocked all the time. I always end up buying more groceries than we need for ‘emergencies’ that never occur. As a result we end up wasting some perishables. I keep promising myself that I’ll do better in this area. I really want to.

4. Cannot rest until all my work is done: When I get home from work, I cannot sit even for a minute. I have to first start working on my chores (cooking, cleaning etc) and only after everything is done, can I put my feet up. Hubby and bro, who like to first rest and then get to their tasks, find this very weird. Initially hubby used to tell me to sit for a while but I’d get extremely restless and could not relax knowing that I had things to do. This has changed somewhat with the arrival of Apple in our lives. Now when I get home, I play with her for a couple of hours until hubby comes home (his work schedule is usually couple of hours behind mine). Then I get to my chores and he gets to play with her. But I cannot watch TV or get on the computer until all my chores are done and Apple is fast asleep.

5. Fickle minded shopper: I am very fickle minded when it comes to shopping (especially for clothes). I buy clothes one day, return them the next, then buy same items in different color, then return them…. You get the picture. Whenever I show my hubby something that I have bought, his question is ‘when are you returning it?’.

6. Stocking up clothes for Apple: I love stocking up clothes for Apple. Every few weeks, I organize her closet and check which of the new ones she’s ready to get into. For some reason unknown to me, her clothes feel like treasures to me. That some of these treasures go waste is another story.

7. Handling home finances: I have to handle the bills, bank accounts etc myself. Even though hubby does not mind doing it and does pay bills sometimes, I have to at least check everything. Not that I don’t trust him, I just have a strong need to be involved in these things.

8. Keeping Promises: If I even casually tell people that I’ll do something for them, then I can’t relax until I actually do it. On the flip side if someone casually says to me "we’ll meet at our house for coffee next time” then I seriously wait for an invitation. May be I’m naïve or just plain stupid!

Hmm, the list turned out to be longer than I expected. Looks like I might be able to come up with more quirks if I keep at it or come up with a lot more if I ask my family and friends. But which normal(?) person wants to admit all their quirks? So this is the list I’m sticking with.
Since everyone is alreading floating(or swimming or sinking) in a sea of tags, I am not tagging anyone. But feel free to pick it up.

8 comments:

JugHead said...

Dont worry Be happy.

Hakuna Matata.

NainaAshley said...

tintin

Huh?

Anonymous said...

the cutuest is waiting for an invitiation when some casually mentions one..hee hee

I share one of keeping the fridge stocked....the amlunt of vegetable I buy considering I live alone is actually dumb!

Tharini said...

Naina....just wanted to say...thanks for leaving your words on my space. I'd be delighted to have u link to me. Thank you. :)

Queen of the Mayhem said...

You and I are a lot alike!

Mr. Mayhem is constantly making fun of me for stocking up on food all the time.....but you just never know!

Interesting post! :)

Fuzzylogic said...

Neat!I am with you even on the fickle minded shopper department. It drives me batty but I can never make up my mind when it comes to shopping:) See we have a lot in common:)

Unknown said...

I could be Alan Greenspan and my wife would demand that she handle the bills. Fine. She can go right ahead and do that. I HATE handling the bills.

NainaAshley said...

Chandni & Queen,
Yep and then we end up having to throw food.

Tharini,
Thanks.

Fuzzy,
We do have a lot in common.

DD
Good for you.