Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Number 4

The insightful Chandni has tagged me to do this tag of four. This is an easy one since the number four has relevance in every aspect of my life. My birthday falls on the fourth, I've had four close friends in my life, I've had four jobs before the current one and 4.00 pm is my favorite time of the day(that's when I leave work to go pick up Apple). So here you go..


Four Jobs I’ve had in my life

* Computer programming tutor – teaching BASIC and FOTRAN to a first year engineering student(I won’t be surprised if he got scarred for life and never touched programming again)
* Market research analyst – asking a bunch of plant engineers questions about the electrical motors they used. (Lasted for 15 days)
* Software Developer (writing programs that surprise you with unexpected features)
* Solutions Consultant (communicating lies back and forth between software developers and customers)


Four TV Shows I love to watch

* Everybody loves Raymond
* Friends
* Dancing with the stars
* ….(Can’t think of a fourth one…I barely watch TV these days)


Four movies I can watch over and over

* Jaane bhi do yaaron
* Chalti ka naam gaadi
* Office Space
* Father of the bride

Four places I have lived

* Nasik
* Bombay
* Harrisburg (Pennsylvania)
* Atlanta

Four places I have been on Holiday ( in the last couple of years)

* Venice (Italy)
* Athens (Greece)
* Mykonos( Greece)
* Split (Croatia)

Four of my favorite dishes

* Chaat ( includes everything from Bhel puri to pani puri)
* Biryani
* Pav bhaaji
* Khichadi

Four Websites I visit daily

* Google ( gmail, blogs etc)
* Yahoo (email)
* NPR
* BBC

Four places I would rather be right now

* On a beach, lying on the sand, a book in hand.
* In Bombay, amongst family.
* On a wildlife safari
* Relaxing in the Jacuzzi.

Four people I am tagging

* Sunita
* Mad Momma
* Gauri
* Swati

7 comments:

the mad momma said...

thanks very much. this is easily done! will do.

Fuzzylogic said...

I love "Office space" and "Jaane bhi do yaaron" they were such laugh riots and I can watch them over and over again:)Yumm..chats!now that reminds me of one of the big reasons I miss home.

Rohini said...

Ooh...what a coincidence - I went to Athens and Mykonos this year as well...

Unknown said...

What an amazing coincidence. You lived in India ... I lived in Indiana. That's just weird, isn't it?

And I loved -- LOVED -- Office Space. Or at least the first two-thirds of it.

Parul said...

Hi NA - nicely written! I love khichdi and pav bhaji and chaat too (who doesn't?) but biryani is iffy cos I am a vegetarian...the concept of veg biryani is rather strange!

karmic said...

Nice list. :) I loved your definition of "Solutions Consultant". Office space is such a classic too.

AA_Mom said...

Come see my blog for a surprise!