Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The daily grind..

WARNING!... a rant about nothing... read only if you have nothing better to do..

Last few days have been extremely busy…. too many thoughts crowding my mind and then being purged without landing on the blog mainly because my time and mind has been occupied by a host of other things. So I finally decided to blog about those things. So here it is... the daily grind that I fail to escape……

Selling the house:
Like I mentioned in an earlier post,we are trying to sell our current house. From the time we put it on the market we have the additional task of keeping it spotless. This is particularly difficult when you have a toddler who’s favorite activity is taking things out of their arranged spaces and throwing them all over the house. So every night after Apple is in her bed we spring into action(no people, not that kind of action!) to clean up the mess. Also,when prospective buyers call, we have to drop everything we are doing and leave the house , toddler in tow. Since its hot outside we mostly find ourselves at the mall or in some sort of store and end up helping the economy!.

Building a house:
After carefully thinking about every aspect of each of houses that we saw, we rejected each one of them for some reason or the other. We finally signed up for a new construction .. ..without giving it too much thought. After all, when has thinking led to good decisions? Anyway now we are saddled with the additional tasks of trips to the site,decisions,phone calls to the agent etc.

Apple:
My sweet little baby who thinks that mommy and daddy were put on the earth to entertain her! “Stand up mommy “, “Come here mommy”, “Stay right here mommy” …...she commands her poor mother. Well, she’s quite capable of entertaining herself but that would mean broken stuff, crayon marks on the freshly painted walls, juice spilled on the newly installed carpet……you get the picture.!

Apple’s Allergy Test:
This week she had her allergy test only to discover that she’s allergic to sesame seeds(as suspected) in addition to nuts. I fear that there are other things that she might be allergic to in addition to the things we already know. That’s why I’m extremely nervous about our up coming trip.

Dieting:
“I need to loose some weight” … that is an on going lament but this time I really do… … so that I can pig out on our up coming Mediterranean cruise and still fit into pre pregnancy swimwear and cool clothes! Now you might say, dieting is easy, don’t eat! No effort required there!Wrong! Yours truly has to follow a diet plan which means looking for or cooking certain foods for myself in addition to feeding a family that
includes a fussy eater(no not my baby .. guess again!), a young sibling and a little monster who refuses to eat anything.

Work:
Something I pretend to do during office hours between trying to stay awake and reading blogs! Need to tie some loose ends(or at least pretend to)before I go on the much needed vacation.

Getting ready for vacation:
This has never been harder. With the destinations being a bunch of foreign countries and us travelling with a toddler with food allergies, there is a lot to shop and pack. The airline weight limit and our limited ability to carry a toddler(yes, she will insist on being carried when our hands are full with bags) and the entire luggage does not make it any easier. Never before have I been so nervous about a vacation!

But I’m ready…. ready as can be…to bask in the sun, to relax( as much as a toddler would allow), to visit amazing places, to catch up with my reading, to stuff myself with the never ending supply of food to come back refreshed. I promise to share pictures, stories and memories with y’all. Adios for now!

9 comments:

Dan said...

You put me in a precarious situation ... I have to admit that I had nothing better to do by reading this post! :)

LOL! That work description fits me to a T!

Enjoy your vacation! Funny post!

NainaAshley said...

Dan,
Most of us have nothing better to do. You are the only one admitting it.

David said...

Good luck selling the house! I can remember the last second spot cleanings in a frantic rush in order to get out in time!

Have a fun vacation.

Gauri said...

I read you loud and clear on many of the things you mentioned.

Mom and Dad put on earth to entertain our children - or so they think - Ditto

Insist on being carried when our bags are full - Been there

Help with food/drink - else face prospect of drink spilled on carpets etc - Ditto

You get the picture right ? :-)

Here's to parenthood !!!!

Have a lovely trip :-) Looking forward to the pics.

SUR NOTES said...

take a deep breath and go have a great vacation.... and dont forget you will have to sit and stand for the child through the vaction too. no escape from that!

Unknown said...

Ugh. Selling a home with a toddler = very difficult. I feel your pain.

Fuzzylogic said...

Enjoy your vacation!I know how it can be rejuvinating. And yes come back with lots of pics. Sad to hear about Apple's allergy to the sesame seeds too,I know that calls for extra caution during the trip. Goodluck with selling the house.

Sai said...

Funny Post! Happy House hunting! Enjoy your vacation.

Unknown said...

You could have been writing about me girl...isnt it so strange that lives across continents are all the same...